Even the most reliable air-conditioning system will let you down if you don’t maintain it.
- Check and clean filters monthly.
- Clear debris and leaves from around the condenser coils
- Make sure hedges and plants are at least two feet away from the compressor.
- Check for blockages in the drainpipe.
- Check insulation around ducts. Bolstering insulation and sealing leaks can help prevent as much as a 40 percent energy loss.
- Every quarter, bring in a qualified professional to check items like refrigerant and mechanical components.