Commissioning is an important part of a system which is well-installed. TSS understands that paying attention to PV commissioning is important, as this ensures that systems are safe and high performing. Successful commissioning protects against fires, shocks and injury. It minimizes faults and repairs and as a result, keeps customers happy and it also ensures that the system will perform to its maximum capacity.
These are some of the basic steps of commissioning:
- Inspect the equipment and compare to the as built drawings and manufacturers recommendations.
- Verifying wiring insulation, methods and terminal torque
- IV Curve Tracing and flash test data comparisons
- Thermal imaging
- Utility requirement testing for power quality and functionality
- Start-up and Shut-down procedures